Wednesday, June 07, 2006

And as it ends, it also begins...



I'm not sure the title of this blog really makes any sense, but I thought I'd give it a try! It's the beginning of June and I cannot believe that almost a year has gone by since we started Apartment Life. What an amazing and challenging journey it has been! Over the past few months, we have battled with the decision of re-uping with Apartment Life for another year. We have had so many awesome moments with residents and have grown so much spiritually and relationally that it's almost hard to think about not doing it anymore, but with much prayer and communication with our community group, we have decided not to re-up for another year. We are excited about where the Lord will take us next. We will be moving at the end of June into a more affordable apartment and have prayerfully decided to re-enter in to Student Ministries, specifically Senior High, at Watermark. We both feel like that is where the Lord is leading us next and truly have a desire to be there. We are also excited to have free time again with each other and friends. In fact, we just got back last week from a vacation! We drove the very long drive to Colorado and spent a week in the Rocky Mountains, Vail to be exact. It was amazing and wonderful!! We went horseback riding and Aaron made his way to the Golf Course. We spent time together just hanging out and spent time shopping as well (my most favorite part!). The weather was great and the scenery was absolutely amazing! It was hard to come home, expecially knowing we were coming back to almost 100 degree weather. I'll be sure to post a few pictures from the vacation.
On another note, work is going well for me and Aaron both. I continue to learn new and challenging things everyday at work and really enjoy my job. I can't believe it, but it's already been a year that I've been here at Phytel. Aaron's job is going ok, they have added more work which is good and bad since it's admin work, and he hates admin work, but at least it's keeping him busy. We have progressed with his computer company and are now waiting for the website to get finished. The logo came out absolutely perfect (Thanks to Jon Flaming, www.jonflaming.com, a close friend of ours)! Well, I guess that's it for now! We love hearing from y'all so be sure to post comments if you get a chance! God Bless!

No comments: