Friday, July 04, 2008

First Days

So my first couple of days at my new job consisted of meeting mostly everyone that works there minus those that were out of the office or on vacation. I learned how to use some of the systems necessary to perform my role there. For those of you wondering my title, it is NOC (Network Operations Center) Support Technician. I also found out a couple of perks that I will be getting with this new position:

1. They will pay for all training materials and tests so that I can become certified. Something Jill and I have talked about me doing.

2. I get a company cell phone, which will be the new Iphone. Really excited about that.

3. Reimbursement for my DSL at the house. This is great because I was just bumped by AT&T to the Data Max plan which gives me up to 10.5 Mbps. Really, really fast for those of you less techy people reading this.

So early on in the day I found out that most everyone there are dog lovers. In fact one of the ladies brough her 11 month old Mastif to work. According to them this is a normal occurance for employees to bring dogs to work (I enjoy this since Jill and I can't have pets yet).

By mid day the two Bills (whose team I am on) and I went to Walmart and Tom Thumb for a grocery run. We were picking up ingredients for homemade ice cream since one of the ladies had brought there ice cream maker. So around 3pm we all gathered in the break room to enjoy this tasty treat.

Now obvioulsly I did do some work, but apparently around holiday weekends the office kind of slows down since our clients kind of slow down as well. In fact I left at 2:30 my second day. I have a feeling I need to enjoy this since it could be the calm before the storm. They assured me that things will definitely pick up soon.

So all in all I had a great first couple of days, and look forward to the days to come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aaron and Jill, Congrats on the baby news! Your lives will definitely change - but it will be for the better and the Lord worked in our marriage to make it richer and deeper, although with less sleep. Aaron, thanks for all the work you did for us at SmithAnglin. You do quality work, and will be missed. Best of luck in the new job. - Rex Moxley