Thursday, February 05, 2009

Caleb's First Boo Boo

It's official. Caleb had his first boo boo this morning, and it was all mommy's fault. As you can see in the picture below, there is a little bandaid wrapped around Caleb's index finger. Poor little guy. I was trimming his nails, which I've done multiple times before, and missed the nail and cut a little spot on his finger. He immediately started crying, who wouldn't, and once I realized what I had done, I started crying as well. I felt HORRIBLE!!! As soon as I started crying he stopped and just stared at me like I was some sort of crazy woman. I'm sure I looked and sounded like it. I just kept repeating to him how sorry I was for hurting him. He snuggled me for a bit and then we went into the bathroom and I tried to do some damage control. Thank goodness for the flex bandaids they make now and a little bit of vaseline. It took about five minutes to get the bandaid on because he was so squirmy, but he's doing fine now.

As I'm sure all you mommies out there know, there in nothing worse in the world than knowing you somehow just hurt your child. Praise the Lord that it wasn't any worse, and that he's young enough to never remember what happened, although I'm sure there will be many more things in the future he will want to blame me for, but we've got a few years until that happens.

I love you baby and I am so very sorry! I promise to be extra extra careful from now on when cutting your nails. Just remember, I do it because I love you and care about you, and don't want you to scratch yourself up!


-Jill

No comments: